Less than a foot long, the Magic Wand Portable Scanner scans documents, photos, newspapers, magazines, receipts, and more, and saves them to a microSD card (included!). It’s perfect for travelling, or even simply keeping at home as an alternative to bulky scanners. Slide it into the carrying case for instant protection, and easily transport it in a purse or briefcase. Because the scanner is battery powered (batteries included!), there’s no hassle of trying to take a charging cable everywhere. The device is capable of saving up to 200 scans per battery refresh, making it reliable anywhere you go.
Bring it to the library and scan what you need; capture your favorite fabrics to compare later when you just can’t decide; save your child’s drawings digitally; scan a poster, flyer, or magazine page to share with your friends on Facebook later; archive a friend’s recipe, or even a school or work document. There’s no need to waste paper or money on photocopies, because this eco-friendly device reduces paper usage considerably, while still giving you quality scans which won’t become lost or stained. The scanner can capture images 8.27″ wide and up to 98″ long in as little as 3 seconds, and you can navigate the 1″ LCD screen for resolution options of 900DPI, 600DPI, or 300DPI and your choice of PDF or JPEG output formats.
When you get home, simply connect the scanner to your computer with the supplied USB cable to transfer your scans to your computer (compatible with PC and Mac). If you scanned a text document, you can even use the bonus OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert saved documents into text editable and searchable files compatible with popular word processing and spreadsheet software (Windows only; not compatible with Mac OS).
In order to effectively scan images and documents, ensure that you are moving the Magic Wand at a steady, medium pace.
- CONVERT YOUR OLD PHOTOS INTO DIGITAL FILES – Scan documents and photos in color or black and white, storing up to 5,000+ images to the included 8GB SD card as PDF or JPEG files
- ARCHIVE AND ORGANIZE YOUR SCANS – Save your child’s drawings digitally, scan a flyer, poster, or magazine page to share with your friends on Facebook later, archive a friend’s recipe or an important work or school document, and more
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE – Slide your scanner into the protective case, which slips conveniently into a purse or briefcase so you can scan important documents and photos on-the-go when no copier is available
- INCLUDES BONUS OCR SOFTWARE – Comes with Optical Character Recognition software, allowing you to convert scanned documents into text editable and searchable files
- SCANNING SPECS – Plug-and-play device scans documents 8.27″ wide and up to 98″ long in as little as 3 seconds, with resolution choices of 300DPI, 600DPI, or 900DPI